Our Approach To Family Law
Offering Personalized Family Law Advocacy
Even after over 30 years in family law, we approach every family law case as unique. That way, we can tailor our legal strategy to your specific needs. Our objective is to achieve your parenting, custody, support, visitation and/or property goals while providing the level of personalized service that only a small family law firm can provide.
Sparing You From Unnecessary Stress And Expense
We also work efficiently because we are mindful of your time and costs. Yet when certain matters require detailed analysis, we will put in the extra effort. Together, we will develop a personalized legal strategy.
Provide Comprehensive Family Law Services
A family law issue often raises many questions. Our comprehensive practice addresses any needs that may arise. No matter your level of stress, you can count on us to provide supportive assistance and effective legal counsel in these areas:
- Divorce: including contested and uncontested divorce and the distribution of marital property.
- Custody, visitation and parenting time: We can help you avoid becoming a “weekend parent.” We have handled hundreds of custody and visitation cases in New York and New Jersey.
- Domestic violence: You should not have to live in fear. We can request an order of protection or temporary order of protection to protect you and your children from domestic violence or abuse. If you are falsely accused of domestic violence, we can help you.
- Child support: We help custodial parents receive the child support judgment they need and deserve, and we assist noncustodial parents in obtaining payments they can afford and that will allow them to create a healthy home during their parenting time. We also handle child support modifications.
- Separation agreements: We negotiate and prepare separation agreements for our clients, and we review agreements for individual clients that were drafted by attorneys for their spouses.
- Prenuptial agreements: Prenuptial agreements can lessen marital stress, save money and allow parents to allot inheritance funds to children from previous marriages.
- Annulments: We can counsel you on the advisability of a marriage annulment based on immigration fraud, other fraud and other applicable situations.
- Spousal support: We work with our clients both to identify and pursue reasonable, affordable and sufficient support payments and to litigate for support in court. In addition, we handle spousal support modifications.
- Adoption: We handle private and agency adoptions, international and domestic adoptions, and domestic re-adoptions for children from overseas.
- Appeals: If you have a legal basis to appeal a family law proceeding, we can provide counsel and full legal services regarding that filing with the Appellate Division.
Learn More About Our Family Law Services
With an office in Staten Island, we provide trusted and convenient legal representation for your family law issues. Call the law office of Jay S. Baum 718-980-5200 or complete our online contact form to set up your free initial consultation and learn more about our services.